After three years of thought, six months of processing, five weeks of orienting in NY, three weeks at home preparing, I am finally on my way! Just a few more hours left here in Miami and I board my 3rd of 4 flights to Bolivia
From Flint, MI - Chicago, IL - Miami, FL, I am now in my last hours on North American soil.
Now what's left is an 11:15 flight to La Paz, Bolivia (about 5/6 hours) then switch to the Bolivian airline w/ a 6-7 hour layover until the last flight to Cochabamba, Bolivia where Sor will be waiting for us!!
Traveling without a watch and no cell phone was a little different, but very relaxing. I had plenty of time before each flight to get to my gate and snooze while I waited. I found MP in Miami as planned, PLUS Janelle (who I went on previous missions with agreed to pick us up for lunch). From there we went to the Amor en Accion office and picked up Monica! It was so nice to see them again, and I'd rather not spend the whole 11/12-hour layover in the airport. We had a nice tour of Miami and hung out by the bay after that, then it was time to head back to the airport to finish our wait!
Neither MP nor I slept a wink last night due to early flight, excitement, and finishing of last minute tasks (including packing for me), but bags fit the requirements and were checked straight through to La Paz, Bolivia. My younger brother and parents sent me off in Flint- I can never be more thankful of their love and support. I have felt the same from my community at Fontbonne, Midland, and mission partners, and relatives. Thanks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment