¨Nosotros no sabemos los planes de Dios...Pone su vida en los manos de Dios¨
Two phrases of this past Sunday´s sermon that sat well with me...and really the only two parts I understood.
Where I am at right now is the perfect place for me. It´s not exactly what I pictured when I first thought of doing a year of service, but I think it´s perfect bc it was chosen by God just for me. Things aren´t always perfect, things happen, choices are made but the overall picture is beautiful!! I don´t have to know why I am here beyond working w- the kids and learning some things about parenthood haha, but there is so much more depth to it all and I know, I KNOW I am supposed to be here and I just need to make sure I do my best to balance my health and my needs with what I need to do for the kids...especially since they require lots of enegry on my part and patience, which I currently have and hope to keep in time.
So a few things before I talk about my grand Adventure ....aka Mi Primer Dia Libre (my 1st free day)
- I have been having interesting dreams..realistic def. okay just a quick thing, it´s really strange!!
Part of one of my dreams the other night included a deranged mother who was able to reunite w- her child after a case was filed and i woke up in the middle of the night and then when I went back to sleep it was like part two of this weird dream and basically I saw the mom and child again and I tried to stop the mom from being wreckless with her driving and got in the car. She proceeded to speed backwards and we got into an accident, i believe she died but the child ran out and I hurt my elbows in the accident and couldn´t stretch my arms out all the way and then I helped the child find a safe place until we could figure things out THIS IS THE WEIRD THING' when I woke up in the morning for real I could not stretch out my arms, I could feel the pain on my elbows...then it went away. NO, I am not on malaria pills so I just don´t know...altitude???
-I have been waking up at least once each night, sometimes twice
-If I go to bed after 9.30pm I don´t feel well-rested despite how many hours of sleep I am getting
-now in the mornings I go out for a walk or run bc I get up by 6.30-7am and the littles get up at 8 or 8.30
-Luckily I have my sun hat because the sun has been strong during the afternoons and I feel so white
-If you want to see pictures, check out my partner´s blog: angelamarierossi.com or a few are on facebook
I do not have my computer-camera cord with me , I know, I know. I´ll figure something out later...
OKAY...Now for my Grand Adventure...well at least my first adventure....
First, I CAN RUNNNNN!!! I ran for the first time this morning. It was a little difficult bc I had to play dodge the Perros (dogs) So I was out for about 25 minutes, but couldn´t run the entire time because I had to make sure there were no dogs down each street to run after me, trust me it ´s a bit scary. Plus I felt kinda funny running haha but def. felt good and in time I´ll figure out a good system.
Secondly, I got ready because I was going to finally wash my hair (you know to stay away from lice I only wash my hair once a week, can´t be too clean) and got ready to go out to the city BY MYSELF to see my partner and hang out. i couldn´t get a hold of Angela to tell her I´d be coming a little early, and apparently we called her 11 times! the hermana was helping me call...whoops, she was in class... I figured out the neighborhood a bit and found the Micro H (like a mini bus) to take me to the city. I actually remembered where I needed to get off, though I didn´t remember the name, and found landmarks I remembered, like bird phones and burger king and the bank and a dress shop near the street. I found her language school and I was so proud of myself for remembering after only being there once last week, so luckily Angela was still in class for a few more minutes and I surprised her!! So I was feeling all confident and just hung out at the school until she was done with her other class. I also bought earrings because I didn´t have any here. They were made by women in the city, so this organization helps them get just wages and have a job... they make backpacks, purses, coinpurses, and some jewelry and aprons. So if you want a souvenir, let me know!!!
We went to lunch at DUMBO (pronounced doom-boe) but it has a big elephant and it´s like 3 floors and so yummy. We ate Pique Machu (mix of meats and paps fritas y onions y peppers) Then we had to have the Mokachinchi, which is like cinnamon-peach juice with three huge dehydrated and reboiled peaches. We shoved them in our mouths and had fun trying to eat them sin pit hahah. Then we walkd all over the city! EVERYWHERE and saw all the plazas and went to a few shops. Then we were thirsty so Angela goes ¨Want to drink some bagged juice and sit in the plaza?¨ Seriously, juice in a bag, they sell them for 1B. It just made me laugh. The plazas are sooo pretty with flowers and trees and people around...unsuccesfully tried to get internet on her computer and ended up going to Burger King but no success...We found some really cute hand-made dolls on this backstreet, so I got a couple. Overall, it was a wonderful day...that is, until I tried to get home.
I decided to walk a little longer to where I needed to catch the Micro back to the hogar, after Angela caught her Truffi taxi. So it was getting a little later, like past 6 so I found the H. This little boy was so cute in his purple and white checkered hat, he entertained me for most of the ride. Then we got close to the neighborhood and I got off where I thought I was sup. to and by now it was getting darker...I must have been walking in the wrong direction because I GOT LOST. So embarazado..asked for directions and was brought to this missionary house. I was in the wrong neighborhood, so she called the hogar and they thought one of the girls were lost and then go, wait is she blancita (white) and tall oh it´s the missionary monica...haha...then the lady called a taxi for me (it´s safe when you call, I promise) and got home. whoops! I guess I need to balance my confidence a little more. So yes, all three sisters found out, but it was fine and now I know what neighborhood to tell the Micro to go to. I Finished my evening by reading to a group of girls the story of El Hijo Prodigo (the Prodigal son).
Ready for a busy Friday and a little more relaxing weekend playing with the kids-
No comments:
Post a Comment