Christmas is in the air..
I love walking through the plaza and seeing all the lights shining (they started putting them up end of October)
I loved seeing a lady with red ornaments in the tienda over a month ago
I love the funky sax-playing santa in the plaza
I love the few Christmas trees I have seen in a few city shops
I loved seeing Santa in a trolley with Donald Duck (and 2 kids ran after it shouting ¨Papa Noel¨)
I love Christmas shopping for the girls
I loved picking out Bolivian gifts for my family
I love listening to Christmas music while cleaning
I loved helping the girls write Christmas cards to Padrinos
I love that we are celebrating early has one big happy hogar family
I especially love that my parents will be here with me on that day
It is a little conflicting because it is summer!
School is out, the older girls filled up three blow-up kiddie pools for the girls to play in (which I was the time keeper and ¨lifeguard¨ for diff groups), they bar-b-qued, and we had Sandia (watermelon). Plus, the sun was out. However, it is December and just 20 days until Christmas!
The girls will have a lot this year...I cannot wait to give them the stuff we picked out with Padrino money and gifts they sent. I can´t wait for a day so jolly and bright, to celebrate the love of Christ with all we encounter and to go to Mass. Although there will be no snow, which I actually grew up without anyway, there will be no fire in the chimney, there will be a tree or two around here (I´m excited to start decorating soon), there will be gifts and there will be hot api (and possibly hot chocolate too)...and yes, Papa Noel will still visit, even if he has to climb through the window!
Jesus´ birthday will be celebrated and He will come to all, no matter what the temperature
No comments:
Post a Comment