Sunday, November 13, 2011

Paseo a Corani

Year #2 is definitely a richer experience, been here two months now and things just keep getting better and better. Keeping active with danceHere´s a few blurbs of what´s been happening lately...

-To finish Day of Dead blog
Just have to say that one alter we saw in cemetary was of a wealthier fam. There was, okay brace yourself, along with a fried duck or chicken (that was in it´s live form, beak and all creepy) THERE WAS ALSO A FRIED GUINEA PIG. both looked like they just got skinned and put in fryer...yeah...

.- Las Alasitas
Every year around this time, there´s a fair of miniatures (like mini food, drinks, money, even baby dolls if you want kids), so we went to check it out with a couple friends Friday night.
It´s all about good luck and if you buy it in miniature, you will receive it in real life. My favorite was this little maleta complete with cash, passport, visa, etc for a trip for those who are hoping to travel in near future. My 2nd favorite was this chubs guy carrying all you need for good fortune and success (money, foods, etc). I laughed at this one jewelry place that sold beads representing success, love, fortune, etc. All the good luck, sucess, and money were gone but there were plenty of love still left. I see what the priorities of those in bolivia are haha. It was pretty big and further back, they had a game area with bingo, a couple ¨chance¨type games, and regular carnival games and even a couple rides and mechanical bull. There were some legit artesania type stuff and food also being sold, but it was quite interesting. I didn´t go on rides or play many games, but it was still interesting. I almost got a tattoo, they tried to convince me to get one of che on my tummy or a cat butt, but I declined hah. It would only last 10 days he said, but seeing as i don´t bathe much I don´t think I want either of those two images on my tummy for a couple of weeks.

-Corani
La Laguna Corani is in a valley almost 2 hours away. We always pass this place from higher up on our way to Santa Cruz, so it was awesome to actually go down to the orilla. The lake is HUGE and the area green and lush. NOBODY was around, it was amazing! I don´t think I´ve ever been in such an empty and free place, def. want to go back there. I ran around barefoot, playing in the puddles and lake like a child, climbed the bridge and just had a good time with the girls. I got sooo muddy though, bc parts near the lake were so wet and gushy my feet just sunk. All the sisters came too, though we have 2 in hogar there are 8 more in convent that mostly teach, and one of them was hilarious, she kept asking me to take photos of her in the same pose but diff. places. She wasn´t satisfied with one and said, I just wasted my best pose on that one. I wish we had more time there, I´ll have to go back sometime and spend the day there with some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment