It has been a busy time around the hogar this week. A Padrina is coming (aka Godparent, from Poland I think.). The sisters have been cleaning the spare room, and ironing like crazy! The girls are very excited!
So, last week we asked Hermana if we could possibly get soy milk for breakfast (it´s cheaper and tastier here) and some yogurt. Over the past week, we have gotten about 5 bags of each, all flavors! SO GOOD!! Plus they gave us a few extra spreads for our bread, including dulce de leche and something that tastes like cream cheese, and apricot marmalade. So we are stacked for quite awhile...
Saturday = pancakes!
We made pancakes for dinner for all of the girls. We 60th the recipe and split it into 3 bowls so the 8 girls could help...good thing we did eggs first bc some girls just don´t know how to crack them properly...they were such good mixers though! They helped flip, we then recruited one of the older girls to help flip too so we would have three pans going! It was really fun and the girls loved them
So, our first cooking experience for the whole hogar = success!
Sunday = pizza
Our bread supply dissapeared one day...which is our breakfast and on weekends dinner too. One night I ate semi-cooked pasta and ketchup and angela had a little cereal and fruit. I guess the nuns realized we have been out for a few days because they surprised us with pizza Sunday night!! Like real PIZZA, they really do like us! We each had had some and a Fame movie night!
Monday = Veggie Pasta
The cook made too much, which like never happens, so we ate pasta for lunch and dinner, plus I had a couple bowls for my ¨snack.¨ I don´t know how I ate so much, it was just so delicious!! We then put some in a container PLUS cleaned out one of the butter tubs that was almost empty and shoved some more pasta in there for later. A few girls finished off the rest that night. So we had a lovely pasta lunch on our day off with fresh juice.
DANCING TIME!
Most of the girls go to school down the street and Sunday was their music exam, which included costumes and traditional dances from all over Bolivia. The costumes were beautiful and the dances were good,one grade did an abuelo dance, comical, and the 1st graders were adorable!. A few fam. members came too.
Speaking of dance, I started dance classes last week...more on that later
But I am finally over my week-long sore throat and headache, which came out of nowhere and am very happy. Luckily I was still able to do my job and we are finally getting through to the little ones. Since they did ¨y¨ and ¨z¨ yesterday for hw, we are teaching them the alphabet song in order. At first they didn´t want to, but we made it fun and we hope by the end of their school year (which is in a few weeks) they will know their alphabet...we hope!
Continue to pray for patience for both of us and for the girls studies as the end of their year approaches!
No comments:
Post a Comment