I finished my year at Hogar San Fransisco a little early to join over 2.2 million Catholics all in one place: Madrid, Spain for WYD 2011.
I begin my journey on a night bus to Santa Cruz, Bolivia on August 4th to spend a couple days saying goodbye to other volunteer friends before I catch my plane back to mi pais. I see parades for Bolivias independence day in Yapacani, eat a delicious pomelo with the group and help out with dinner. Then off to Montero to sleep at the orphanage there with Melia. Saturday in Montero meeting up with Oki crew, Chinese food and I FINALLY SAW A SLOTH IN THE PLAZA. My bolivian dream finally fulfilled 11 months later :) I meet David that night and get ready to enjoy a full day of flying...ok enjoy is not the best word, but at least i do not have a half day layover in miami like on the way here... David took me to the airport and my flight left around 8am, so after paying the EXORBITANT leaving airport fee, for lack of better name for it, I find my gate and leave this country behind for a 5 week journey with the Lord and family and friends.
I get into ST. Louis around midnight, welcomed by my two best friends from university, one of whom didnt know i was coming. We catch up and talk about where God has been taking us this year we have been apart. To enter into Godly conversations, feeling like I never left was such a blessing. I only had one day in St. Louis, so we spent it visiting two friends in the hospital (we sang and danced for one of them it was really fun) and then spent some time with my grandparents for some yummy pastina and vegetablesss! yes! WE visited for a bit, I repacked and went to the airport around 5am for another day of flying and part two of my trip home: Europe.
No comments:
Post a Comment