First stop: London
It is funny how much I felt like a foreignor in a country that speaks my native language, moreso than I felt even in Bolivia, imaginense
Another full day of flying, and I am a little beat but so pumped I don't feel it. I realise in Chicago I forgot to pack an essential item (not my passport, thank goodness) my debit card, yeah real smooth ...knowing it impossible to do Europe in 2 weeks on 50 US dollars, I brainstorm every possible way to gain funds, from dancing on the street for change to selling my posessions, but figured that getting money transferred to my friends account would be the most practical, quickest, and easiest way. Feeling confident that it will work, I take advantage of the empty seat next to me to snooze the rest of the flight.
So, after realizing I do not have my card, losing an earring one of the girls gave me, and getting yelled at by the guy in passport control, I find my friend Kunal waiting for me at baggage claim and all my worries clear. We even make the last train onto Arnos Grove (At least something went right).
I was in London for 4 days, luckily I arrive a day after the worst riots so no worries.
Kunal takes me around to all the "normal" touristy sites and then some. While walking on Millenium bridge first day, what do I hear but " mueve la cabeza" and the song that has been popular in Bolivia (and elsewhere I suppoes) for some time! I am tempted to dance with the queen and king-masked people on the street but decide to just enjoy ig and take it as a God sign #2, I am meant to be here!
I enjoy spending time with his family, they even bring me to their Jayen temple one night as well and teach me a bit about their faith. We saw a lot in these 4 days and I even stumbled upon a display of traditions in other countries and saw some Bolivia pics from Dia de los muertos, which was God sign number 3 !
Since my flight to Madrid was at 6:30am and the airport is 2 hours from kunals, I end up having to take the last train at 11:30pm Saturday night and sleep at the airport. hooray for long travel days. I enjoy another night of practically no sleep, except for my short flight. I take my time and move terminals to wait until my church group gets in around 1pm from their pre-WYD pilgrimmage in Rome! They do not know I am meeting them at the airport so I get to sorta surprise them and enjoy the rest of the day with them as we rest up and get ready for WYD!
No comments:
Post a Comment