The Jornada Mundial (WYD) theme "Rooted in Faith" is more than the image of a tree by a river bearing great fruit, as in Jeremiah, it is about sharing that fruit with the whole world...literally. We did not go on this faith-filled journey just to see a new country and see the pope, although that is part of it, we come to learn, to experience and to share our faith with millions all over the world so that when we come back, we are no afraid and have more to share with those around us about the Good News of the Lord.
Francisca is an elderly Spanish woman we met on the metro. She carried a picture of an apparition on el prado and was eager to share her story with us. She recently lost her son and I imagine she is lonely. She told us to be thankful for our lives, thank God that we were born; thank God that Jesus was born for us. Although we feel like we are in the middle of the crown of thorns at times in our lives, we should continue being grateful and joyful that we are able to suffer with Jesus Christ who suffered the greatest hardship for us. We thanked her and I told her how great her faith was. She got emotional, hugged and kissed me, gave me a blessing with a sign of the cross on the forehead and parted ways as we left the metro walking in two different directions and she was gone. I ran to catch up with the group. I think I just met an Angel.
Futball:
Boys playing soccer in the park, I approach
" Puedo jugar?"
"Vale"
That's all I needed to hear and I was in
There are so many amazing, spiritual and fun moments...meeting people from all over the world that share the same faith and reconnecting with others from my own church...experiencing a little of the Spanish culture...enjoying the quiet nights and surviving the crazy city crowds by day and quiet nights in our little town of Argonda del Rey... Every night these little old ladies would ask if we saw the pope and how our day was, so cute. I miss those ladies, those little boys, my angel, those I've met, but I bring it all with me and am thankful for being called to go on such an amazing journey of faith that I will continue at home, in my mission, and wherever God takes me next. Each experience is filed away and added to knowledge of my faith and relationships ready to use and share and add to the way I live my life completely in the hands of God
No comments:
Post a Comment