Oh the states...
Toilet paper goes in toilet
Drinking water from the tap is not going to make you sick
Taking your i.d. is essential because they will check
Washing fruits and veggies with boiled water is not neccesary
Some songs are not only popular in Bolivia, nice to hear familiar Spanish tracks
It was also nice to take my bike (or borrow the car) and go somewhere without having to ask permission, worrying about unpaved roads, stray dogs, and boys saying ¨hello baby¨ in funny accents.hahaha o boy
After all the craziness and excitement of Europe, it was time to head back to the states for a bit.Not without adventure...hurricane, flights canceled, getting stuck in Chicago airport all night, etc. Needless to say, I was tired and ready to go home! So my original surprise didn´t work out, but I still got my dad pretty good. He was out golfing, so when he got back and there I was in the kitchen, just hanging out. hah.
My little brother picked me up from the airport with mother in passenger seat (not as weird as I thought that he´s starting to drive). It was different, but not as much of a shock to be back. Part of that is because I knew I´d be back in Bolivia shortly. It is odd remembering my friends are finishing or continuing school in a field they are excited about and have all their future career goals set, or they are starting to work professionally. I forgot how old I was and how life works in the¨real world.¨ Yeah, definitely not ready for all that just yet, especially since I have no idea what I want to do after Bolivia...I know things will be changing, esp. during this year with friends and people, but glad to know I am still important to them and them to me :)
I was thankful to see my family, clean out some things, watch Miss Universe pageant (oh grandma), eat FIsH, catch up with some friends, help out with HS cheer, and relax a bit.
Thanks ! I know I didn´t get to see everyone, but almost and had a nice visit. I am grateful for all the questions about my time and being surrounded by people who may not fully understand, but want to know and take an interest in what I am doing. I am safely back in Bolivia, not without an emotional toll, but getting more comfortable where I am and just taking it a day at a time, figuring out God´s plan.
prayers, love and kisses!
No comments:
Post a Comment