Sunday, March 3, 2013

I've been very behind in my blogging, so here's a quick summary of everything to bring you up to date (mostly for the benefit of my family :)




While we were together, we decided to take a trip
to the jungles of Beni, Bolivia for a week
(when you include 25 hours of travel time- each
way, it really ended up being 3 full days in the
jungle and 1 in the pueblo of Rurrenabaque.
The most fun, adventurous, gorgeous, and
amazing vacation I've had in Bolivia!!
I would love to live there forever and
teach the jungle children hehe
.
Christy arrived at Hogar Maria Auxiliadora       
This happened in October, and then we were 3 until early Dec. She took my place as I got ready to leave.
I trained her and Michelle, but of course there's always

more learning along the way!

HS Graduation and my goodbye party











 




 I WENT HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!! 


Making Saltenas at Grandma's with my cousin
3 Generations :) Love my mom and grandma
I flew straight into St. Louis to visit family and see some college friends
Please keep my grandma in your prayers as she battles cancer
                                                                 
 
I After St. Louis, I flew down to TX for Becky's wedding and to see my older brother
(haven't seen him in two years).
Caught up with a couple childhood friends
(one who got married in april and is now pregnant!!!!) and had a good time. then fam. vacay time!!





Went to singapore for a HUGE family vacation
Back to where I used to live about 11 years ago. I was able to catch up with my closest Middle School buddies that were still around! This is also where saw poverty first-hand for the first time, not in Singapore itself but surrounding countries we were able to visit quite easily in our 3.5 years there. This is what sparked my inner urge to serve (along with the initial teachings of my mother and her activities in church drives, adopt a family, etc, teaching us to help others at a young age. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for this, her willingness to move back in 98 for my dad's job enabling us to have the experiences we've had and her continued support & encouragement.
I love you Mom




After vacation, I spent time at my home with my parents in MI, relaxing and playing in the snow...
well the little that was there anyway...

Hope you all had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, although it's already March! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment