Sunday, December 9, 2012

Decisions Decisions

After much contemplation, prayer, reading and waiting,
I have made a decision about my near future...
AKA, I can now answer the question:

After two years + living and working in Bolivia orphanages, what´s next?

As many know, making decisions for me can be difficult. I realized it´s bc I´m afraid to ¨choose wrong ¨ and I don't always feel ready or " old enough" to be making big life decisions.
What if something bad happens because I didn´t listen well and didn´t do what God asks? Am I choosing based on my own earthly wants/desires and not focusing on what´s truly important?
Before getting too worked up, I realized I shouldn´t stress about ¨choosing wrong,¨ first of all, and 2nd of all about something bad happening.

God allows things to happen because we are human, we make mistakes, and not everyone has your best interest in mind. There´s always something to learn from any experience good or bad so I should not be ¨afraid¨ of the obstacles or afraid to use God's gift of free will. I'm also not a child anymore, I'm a mature individual and have been prepared for this all along. I have made some very good decisions in the past that have led me to where I am and am confident I can continue to do so.
As a daughter of God, I must have faith in His will in me. I have to look up, pray and listen; choose the path where I know God will smile upon me and say, ¨I knew you would do just that and I am pleased.¨

 As far as my next step goes... looking back on my time here in Bolivia; thinking about why I came here in the first place, who I am now (More mature and confident), all the experiences I´ve had (both positive and negative), my Bolivian families, including my Bolivian mom and many many gorgeous, silly loving girls, where I am in my life and a couple amazing opportunties that have presented themselves, I have decided to...




Stay in Bolivia one more year!!!!

   So, with many decisions and life-changes ahead of me, I finally have a plan.

I know I can´t continue working 11-hour days as a volunteer in orphanages.
I've had a lot of fun, joy, times of sorrow, and yes he renegado un poco, times of trials, failures and many successes and enjoyed every minute of it. However, it is time for me to step down as a volunteer, say goodbye to my life in the orphanage, move out; take all I've learned and bring it into my new mission. I thought and thought and prayed and prayed and can't help but believe there's something missing, more like something left in Bolivia and I NEED to stay this year to figure out what that is. It's like God is hiding a surprise for me and if I don't take this opportunity, I will always wonder. I will use this year as a year of prof. development and discernment as I think about graduate school and life in the US, as I keep my eyes open to what God has in store.
  This year, I will be asisting the director of the Salesian Technical school, heading up English club for English teachers at an institute and hopefully have my own students a few mornings a week. Just enough to spread my wings a little bit more and fly, just a short distance as I live my last year in Bolivia.
 

      


 







3 comments:

  1. That is SO EXCITING, Monica!!!! I am seriously so glad to hear that. Will it be the technical school in Loreto where you'll be working?
    <3 Bolivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, sorry just saw this comment! THANKS!!
      and yes, I am working at the Salesian Tecnical School in Loreto. I am enjoying it immensely !! How are you doing Amanda??

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on what looks like a wonderful decision--for you and for the people of Cochabamba. May God bless you for your seeking of his will and prosper your efforts! Merry Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete