Monday, November 18, 2013

The Hardest Part of transition is feeling like a foreignor in your own country...

The Hardest Part of transition is feeling like a foreigner in your own country, being around familiar faces, yet feeling as if you are an outsider, observer but not a participant and the only time you feel safe or comforted is time with God and in the arms of your family.

I officially moved from Cochabamba, Bolivia on August 22, spent the weekend in Peru w a friend 
    and her hubby -AWESOME
    A weekend of resting, eating, dancing, and enjoying a small part of Lima. 3 days of bliss...
Arrived in DC August 26 (Feast day of St. Monica)
    Mary Pat picked me up for a few days at the BEACH, resting, and then a day to visit grad. schools.
    Left DC August 31,  3 years after mary pat and I went to Bolivia originally to start our adventure.
    God is so good, he planned it all along :)

I surprised my ENTIRE family that same day at my cousin's wedding and moved into my new place
     that week.
I Applied to a variety of jobs including jobs at non-profits, jobs with kids teaching or tutoring and
     even a few bi-lingual sales reps jobs.
I came back with a radiance about me, I was confident, I made a good decision, I had an active lifestyle and felt good about me; however, after family time was over, nobody was calling me for job interviews, and my closest friends from college were too busy for me,  I faced my upcoming transitional struggles alone.


Things are different, not quite the "easy" life I left behind...
   1) driving
Not a fan,  highways make me nervous but I am improving
    2) Phone
having EVERYTHING on a phone is crazy (which is why i opted for something simple and FREE...well technically it cost me 1.07 with tax, so not sure why they call it a "free phone," but that's another story)....
    3) Empty house
 where are all my beautiful little girls and young ladies? It's nice, but I miss them.
   4) Big stores/consumerism
I don't even try the mall, even target overwhelms me and I get easily distracted from all there is

As I write this, my older sister posts pictures and I remember. Apart from the making money aspect of living life and working towards my educational/career goal I know have, the big reason I decided to come home was to be with my family. When my little sister came to visit me in early August, I was so excited and happy, but very upset to see her go. Since my grandma's death I have been really missing my family, so with this and seeing how I felt about my sister, I knew I had made the right decision. I wasn't there for my family then and don't want to miss out anymore...at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment