Thursday, January 6, 2011

Noche Buena, How Buena it was!!

Here the real celebration of Christmas is on Noche Buena (Christmas Eve).
Angela´s mom had sent cookie cutters and sprinkles, so we made cookies with the girls in all sorts of Christmas shapes! Then Ang made her own icing and we decorated them, even the older girls got into it!
The process pretty much took all day, then we watched a little bit of Home Alone (in Spanish of course), bathed the little ones, and got ready for Mass.

The chapel was beautiful with a lovely manger and a star background, with the North Star super shiny and Christmas trees with flashing lights as well (I feel the lights are a bit of a distraction for Mass, but it was still a really nice service). Before the final blessing, some kids from the neighborhood did a reenactment of the Christmas story, with a couple short dances, it was really cute. I really miss Christmas pageants in grade school, I wanted to participate haha.

I realized just how many friends I do have here. Kisses and greetings all around to the adults in our Bible study that live on our end, to one of the profe´s kids, and to our climbing friends and their family. It was very beautiful. Then back to the house for a late dinner (huge but delicious) and pumpkin pie that ang. made. Then SURPRISE! those that are here had presents under the tree, a new outfit. They had to try it on and show us, it was funny. Ang and I each got a t-shirt and 2 tiny bolivian paintings. We stayed up late dancing the night away!

CHRISTMAS MORNING
Angela has gotten about a bajillion packages from her family the past week and now it was time to open them! I got up early for some reason and made a little breakfast picnic in our room for us. Then she opened her gifts, pictures, books, plenty of chocolate and coffee. We each had a small gift for each other (to me were two pairs of these crazy stripey bolivian pants we always commented on when we saw them haha) she´s too funny, then we each got a surprise gift from Asia (the volunteer that was here 6 weeks). It was a Bolivian design Bible Cover for each of us an a little chocolate. Too cute! She came in one night and was asking us if we had Bibles so she could check on something for a friend, it was to get us the covers.

Then I ate leftovers for lunch and got ready to go to the airport
TO MEET MY FAMILY in la paz!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment