Our New Work schedule M-F : aka the hogar is loco, but I like it!!
Now that we have a few less people working in the hogar, it is up to me and Ang to put forth more time and energy...
6:15 - wake up
get girls going, hair combed, teeth brushed
6:30: girls eat breakfast then morning chores...
7:15 girls in line to leave for school, pray our father and they´re off
(We get a little break to eat breakfast and maybe change if we´re still in PJ´s or shower)
8:00ish - get Kinder girls up and dressed, teeth brushed
8:30ish - start Kinder homework
This could be finished anywhere from 10 to even 12 (if girls are whiney and slow that day)
11:00/11:30 (ideally) - shower Kinder girls and help them get dressed and do hair
12:/12:30 - Lunch
(may have a few minutes break)
1:15/1:30ish - gather Kinder girls, backpacks, shoes, uniforms over clothes
before 2pm - Walk girls to Kinder and come back. this is when I start feeling sick.
may have a little break before homework time, unless a bajillion girls want to borrow things
2:30pm - homework with girls 1st-6th grade with one profe who helps out
(then depending on day, one of us leaves for ballet with group of girls. anywhere from 3-4pm they get ready, depending on group, so only one day a week are we each there the entire homework time so it can be crazy, busy and when you are in the middle of lesson or helping with homework we have to rush and get ballet girls ready and aren´t even back in time to check the assignment is done right!)
5:30-6:30 home from ballet depending on transportation, girls change
6pm - rosary (so with late dance group may not make it until end of rosary)
6: 30-almost 7 sometimes - dinner (usually soup, or tea or hot chocolate w/ bread on weekends)
7:45-8 - get girls ready for bed, teeth brushed, etc. then maybe tell a story or two before, if not too late 8:30-9pm - finally free! But so tired, some days I just go straight to bed or chat a bit with Angela and sleep!
Some nights, I do stay up and help with homework, but usually I don´t need to...those nights are the worst tho I will say. Usually in bed before 9pm, on weekends they are a little crazier so may push it to 9:30
Pray that I stay healthy, disciplined and that I can find a time each and everyday to be alone with the Lord and that I can get passed my ¨tiredness¨and stay joyful in the presence of these children. I´ve been working more on my tough love, being strict when I need to be and I think it´s going well so far. Pray for that as well, that I can find that strict balance but show love at the same time! While you´re praying, also add my parnter Ang and all other volunteers, especially in hogars !
++Overall, I´m learning a lot about dealing with kids and I think I´m doing a good job, just sometimes I feel like I´m not doing enough or letting the hermanas down or something, but I can´t be with the girls all 14 ish hours of my day, I need to find time, but if you have any advice, let me know.Thanks!
Always in our prayers, Monica.
ReplyDelete