Sunday, October 16, 2011

Charque

Last weekend, after both of our dance rehearsals, Amber and I met to
spend some time together in the city. Decided to check out a food
and tourism ferria happening nearby, chatted with some vendors, tried free samples
and ended our circle with some innovative ice cream from a tecnical school.
banana and some maracuya with nuts for me, oh yes!

Sunday, Amber´s friend who used to be in transitional housing, invited us to go out for lunch with her fiancee! menu of the day: Charque!

Charque: llama meat cooked, dried out in the sun, and recooked. Served
with papa, mote (corn thing), queso, huevo, y aji. YUM.

Since the recommended place looked shady, we tried a new
place. We split a dish, but decided it was only okay and were hungry for more !
For my first time though, I thought it was interesting. We decided to go for round 2 at their fave. 
charque place, I was in! We shared the biggest order between the 4 of us. Oh wow, WAY better.
I don´t know how they made it but by the end I was in aji heaven.
I got to the point where I was satisfied, but not overboard, and the spicy aji flavor settled in my
mouth. My lips were sealed in a smile and my body was relaxed. I think
I reached Charque heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment