Friday, October 14, 2011

¨Dios te bendice, Moniquita¨

With the challenges of starting in a new place, God has given me
wonderful friends and fun weekends. A couple weekends ago, I hung out at a friend´s
house from dance and went to Doña Nilda´s birthday lunch/party.

Going to lunch at Violetta´s on Saturday was special because it´s the
first time I´ve hung out with someone from dance. It was nice to meet
her family, go for a swim, dance, and hang out at the nearby parks
with her dogs and younger brother. It was nice to get out and see a
different part of the city. I didn´t realize she was 30, she looks so
young and although she has her career, we have a lot in common.
She also knows quite a bit of English, so if I ever mess up or have a question she helps me out.

Sunday, I got permission to go to my old neighborhood and Doña
Nilda´s. Since I wasn´t going to make Mass here with the girls, I went
to the chapel with my girls from last year and my fave. priest
presided, I got to spend a couple hours at the hogar too before
heading down the street to the party. It was nice to see them run over to greet me.
I was able to spend a couple hours at the hogar and chat with the new
volunteers to see how things were going. My little ones have gotten
so big and I got to see a few dances they were practicing for Madre
Michaela (also super cute).

then time to go down the street for the party. I made a blueberry muffin cake, met some of the
relatives, ate a yummy meal, and helped their son with dishes afterwards.
Doña again told me how welcome I was, to make myself at home, and know
that they are like a 2nd family to me so if I need anything just ask.
They are so amazing. Whenever I am around them I feel so much love
between them as a family, but also how close they are with the church
and those in their community. I met them my 2nd or 3rd week in bolivia, hard to believe i´venown them so long and just how much a part of my experience and life here they are! 

I am also realizing how nice it is to be
able to express myself better and have deeper conversations (okay not
quite there, but tons better). Before I left, after some chatting and
fun stories,  it so happened someone was driving to where I need to catch my 2nd truffi home
saving me a trip and her husband says to me ¨Ves, Dios te bendice moniquita¨
How true this is, amongst the challenges, God really is taking good care of me, may I never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment